Monday, January 9, 2012

Like Squeezing An Angel On Your Face: Clarifying Skin Serum by Lilith's Apothecary

Dixie


For years I thought the problem was with my skin - that it was too sensitive, too acne prone, too oily. No. I discovered about a year-and-a-half ago that the problem was not with my skin. It was with the moisturizer I was putting on it. (And with a transient coconut allergy, but that's a discussion for another day.) Apparently my skin has never met a lotion that it likes. But you give my skin a simple oil serum and, *heavens open, angels sing* suddenly it's happy and glowing and acne-free. If only all of life's problems were solved by rubbing a little good-smelling oil on them.

After literally weeks of searching for a facial product in the health food store that would soothe my skin, I turned to Etsy in desperation. 

I didn't have a lot of experience with Etsy, but I figured that someone somewhere out there had to make a light moisturizer for skin that started out the day dry and ended the day super-oily, even after blotting in the morning and afternoon. A few more days and hours of searching led me to the Clarifying Skin Serum made by Lilith's Apothecary. When I say that this product is pretty close to the holy grail of moisturizers for my face, I am not shitting you even a little bit. 

The serum is comprised of a base of three light oils and infused with a variety of soothing and healing essential oils. A pea-sized amount will moisturize your entire face and below your jawline. After using this serum for two weeks, I began to see a difference in my skin. My blemishes started to heal and the dry patches started to hold more moisture and stop flaking. With continued use for over a year, I rarely see blemishes any more.My one caveat: those of you that are sensitive to smells on your face should proceed with caution. The serum has a lovely, light flowery smell that fades after a few minutes but it does have a noticeable fragrance that comes naturally from the essential oils.

I use the serum twice, sometimes three times a day depending on how many times I wash my face, and a bottle usually lasts me for six months. For those of you who wish to buy the serum and are unfamiliar with Etsy, the site only allows sellers to list 1 of each item at a time. If by chance you click the link and the serum shows as unavailable, message the seller and ask her to notify you when she re-lists the item. Your skin will thank you...and me...but mostly you.


Overall, I give this product a hearty 8/8 tentacles. The price for the Clarifying Skin Serum is very reasonable at $23.00 for a 1 ounce bottle. If you are not ready to take the $23.00 plunge, order a trial size for $2.00.


Rating: 8/8 tentacles

4 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! I am so thrilled to see your review and your feedback about this product. I am So glad it has served you well. I do make every batch with care and attention and I can personally attest that is is just chock full of wonderful stuff :-)
    ~ Sarah of Lilith's Apothecary

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love giving lots of attention to the products that do what they are supposed to! I'm glad you like Dixie's review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very sensitive skin so I opted to buy trial sized products from Lilith's Apothecary. I absolutely loved them! I re-ordered and I'm still in love! Great quality at a reasonable price!...and in glass....very important! I used to work at a wellness store so I'm very aware of "clean" products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered samples after reading this. I love the Clarifying serum so much. I can't believe how balanced my skin feels when using it. I have dry and oily patches. Everything behaves with this.

    I just ordered full sizes today. I mentioned this review in my order. Hot Ink makes me spend money, but in a good way.

    xoxo - Serena

    ReplyDelete